Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Loving LOVAS….

Hello Fashionistas!
Today I am thrilled to be able to share a recent interview ANTM Live had with one of our favourite Canadian designers, Wesley Badanjak, founder and creator of the fashion line, LOVAS http://www.lovasfashion.com.  Founded in 2008, LOVAS is known for its clean lines and sophisticated designs.  Wesley has a true understanding of how to flatter the female form and has created some of the most stunning pieces to ever grace the fashion landscape.  From gorgeous separates to fluid gowns, the most recent showing of the LOVAS collection at LG Fashion Week was a site to behold.  Read below to get a glimpse into the genius that is LOVAS.

How did you get started in fashion?
I have always been interested in fashion and felt like it was something I needed to do.  After starting a science degree, I realized how much I need to be in fashion and not in science so I signed up to study at Ryerson University. The rest is history.
What inspires you in your design aesthetic?
I am inspired by cultures, music, art, literature and my Croatian background.
Tell me about your most recent collection.

For Spring/Summer 2012, I presented "Bird of Paradise”.  I was inspired by my experiences travelling through the islands of the Caribbean Sea, seeing the beauty of the lands and of their people.  I focused on a palette of sand, cocoa, white, black and coral, to bring a modern interpretation of island living from the lazy days at the beach, to steamy nights out.
What direction would you like to take for future collections?
Every season brings something new and fresh.  I never know where the collection is headed but I always try to challenge myself both creatively and technically.

What do you love about fashion design?
 I love the constant change, the fact that you get to start over every six months, and the pleasure of seeing a garment realized from a sketch.
If you could dress anyone in the world, who would it be?
 There are too many women to name!
What is your favourite look for this season?
I love the colour blocking I experimented with for Spring, as well as the embroidered pieces in the collection.
Thank you to Wesley for taking the time to speak with us.  We can’t wait to see what he has coming in the near future and as we continue our love affair with LOVAS.
Until Next Time My Glamazons!
Cecilia J

No comments:

Post a Comment