Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chibi Seimei


Dear Ravishing Readers,


I’ve recently had the amazing opportunity to have an interview with the creator of Chibi Seimei Jewellery. It’s amazing how devoted and passionate she is about jewellery- keep reading to see for yourself!


 Where did your love for designing jewellery come from?

I started in paper crafting with Japanese washi and origami, before I had my jewellery line. Although, I still create all-occasion cards using Japanese washi quilting and other paper crafts, it's actually the versatility of Japanese washi that drew me further into jewellery making and designing.



How long does it take to design and create each piece?
Each design can take between a day to three days from start to finish, it all depends on complexity of components and design. Some of my designs may include layering/hand casting of jewelry grade resin, and in some even hand painting, so that's an average estimate. Jewelry grade resin can take up to three days to completely cure.

 
Where does the inspiration come from for your designs?
Earlier this year I went to see the Chagall exhibit with the other Russian masters at the AGO (notably both Chagall and Kandinsky) has been a most recent great source of inspiration for my Industrial/Steampunk line. I'm a great admirer of Klimt for his use of gold leafing and geometrics, whose inspiration can be seen in some of my finishes and accents.
My favourite material, Japanese washi which is nature-themed gives an endless array of design possibilities in my jewellery. I'm an avid film and theatre buff, so I get excited in making pieces that are inspired by what I see on screen and the theatre.


What jewellery trends do you think are going to be big this summer?
For summer, floral accents are going to be big, so are pearls, so expect to see lots of them. The colour of the year for 2012 as dictated by Pantone is Tangerine Tango. Palettes will be brightened by metallics and bright hues, think '70s colours. For softer mellower moods, pastels will ever be present and vintage as well.

Vintage in my opinion will incarnate as Parisian chic and through a growing genre of Steampunk devotees.



Are you working on any new pieces? If  so, what makes them unique?
I'm always working on new pieces and new designs, and that's because I'm constantly churning ideas in my head. Each one is unique because each piece is created with spontaneity in order for the creative design to flow freely.

There's always new pieces that will be introduced in the show where I will be at, so they shouldn't miss America's Next Top Model Live Toronto on May 4-6 at the MTCC.


Where do you see Chibi Seimei in the future?
I see Chibi Seimei growing creatively with satisfied repeat clients and with an easily recognized brand name.


What is your favourite piece you’ve created, why?I would have to say that my most favourite piece would be my next finished piece. I'm usually working on a few pieces at the same time with different stimulus driving each one. But I devote the same committed focus in the creative design in each one, so one can say that after every piece is done, it ultimately becomes a favourite, equally as much as the others.

Make sure you stop by booth # 531 to see Chibi Seimei jewellery for yourself!

See you soon Glamazons!

No comments:

Post a Comment