Thursday, April 21, 2011

Repeats, Baggy Bottoms and My Entourage…

Welcome to the world of America’s Next Top Model Live 2012!  Yes my lovely fashion mavens, you heard right….in May 2012 an incredible fashion, beauty, modelling and shopping experience is coming to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and I am your inside ticket to the creation of what is sure to be the social event of the year! 

For those of you who are already fans of America’s Next Top Model, the fabulous Miss Tyra Banks and all things fashion, this will be the place for you to rest your heels and contemplate the television fixture that is ANTM.  You will surely know all about looking good H2T (Head to Toe), putting on your best SMIZE (Smiling With Your Eyes) and being as FIERCE as you possibly can!  As for the rest of you, jump right in, the water is warm and you do not have to watch the show to be interested in immersing yourself in a wonderful weekend of retail therapy, beauty advice and the Top Model experience!

Good Morning my Striking Sirens!!!

Welcome to another day in the world of America’s Next Top Model Live!  There are so many exciting things happening and I can’t wait to share all of the fantastic details with you in the coming weeks!!!  Like anything good in life, you have to wait just a little bit longer, but I promise you that you will not be disappointed when you hear all about ANTM Live!

So last night’s episode was, how shall I put it?  Very similar if not exactly like last week’s episode!!!  Yes my darlings, we had a repeat!  But not to worry, Morocco should be coming at us in full force next week and then sadly this season of ANTM will come to an end and we will lay in wait until the next enthralling cycle! 

Today I thought I would share a little anecdote with you about my recent trip to the mall with my fabulous friend Julie, who is a fantastic shopping partner…we kind of have the same mentality that unless we are totally IN LOVE with something, we are not going to buy it!  So we set out determined to find cute outfits for Spring and we went from store to store trying on this and trying on that.  At one point we both had big armloads of items and tried on one thing after another only to find that nothing fit ‘quite right’ and dresses we thought would look great on us somehow made us look shorter and pants that we thought would be slimming and lovely ended up bunching in all the wrong places or making our bottoms look baggy.  Needless to say we left empty handed!  Have you ever had a shopping frustration like that? I really wanted to find something fabulous and felt a little deflated when I had no luck!  But, like any good fashionista, I will put my heels back on and try again another day! 

I had an ulterior motive for my shopping spree, tomorrow night I am attending the movie premiere of ‘Textuality’, a fantastic movie featuring my new friend from fashion week, the beautiful Supinder Wraich! http://www.swraich.com Textuality is the story of two people who attempt to get into a relationship, while exiting the multiple relationships they were each managing through their Blackberries before they met. http://www.textualitymovie.com  Textuality stars Jason Lewis of Sex and the City fame, Carly Pope from the former television series, Popular and Eric McCormack from Will and Grace. Supinder plays Heather, one of the three girlfriends Jason’s character, Breslin, is trying to break up with.  She is a wonderfully warm person and I will hopefully get an interview with her tomorrow!  I am so looking forward to seeing the movie and will come back next week with a full report!

After much reflection and observation, I have decided that anyone of real importance in the beauty, modelling and fashion industry appears to have an entourage.  I realize I have a huge group of friends, but none of them seem to follow me ‘en masse’ and this is a goal I would like to achieve before too long, so anyone who wants to join my inner circle, let me know, I am accepting applications!  Perhaps if I offer some incentives…hmm, free coffee and chocolate Easter eggs for anyone who joins my Pretty Posse! 

Till next time my Glamazons!

Cecilia J

No comments:

Post a Comment